Did you miss our presentation during the 19th Technical Forum in Berlin 😱?
Don’t worry we have everything on tape. 📹 😉
To know everything about PVD Coating in a modern mint environment this way. 🤓
A great project with a great result!
EURO introduction in Croatia: PVD as a coating of choice
The topic of INORCOAT and the Croatian Mint for the 19th Technical Forum, 2nd of Feburary 2023 at the World Money Fair in Berlin.
Romain Waidelich, CEO of INORCOAT
Goran Palladin, Director of Production of the Croatian Mint
The task – The challenge:
On September 10th, 2021, MoU between Croatia and EC on the start of euro coin production and the preparatory tasks prior to the start of production signed.
- The Euro introduction in 2023
- To be done by Croatian Mint in 2022 – Initially estimated coin production needs 420.000.000 pcs
- Time for everything to be done – 6 months!
PVD as a coating of choice:
- Durable coating – increased die life
- Clean technology – easy to work with, environment friendly
- Batches (20-40 pcs.) suitable for the rest of the die production process in CM
- Stable process independent of the batch size
- „Set it and forget it” type of operation
- Operators only have to maintain cleanliness of the dies and coating chamber
The solution – MS 700 by INORCOAT:
- Compact footprint
- All in One Design
- Plug and Play
- User friendly
- Highly customizable
- Flexible tool holder
- Multiple cathodes (patented) for multilayer PVD coatings
- Not only dies:
- Coating of coins
- Coating on various tools
INORCOAT – INOR PCT GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 711 888 815 0